12 Escape Death In Ondo After Inhaling Generator Fumes

12 Escape Death In Ondo After Inhaling Generator Fumes

But for foresight, 12 persons would have died of fumes from a generating set at the weekend in Igbokoda, Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State.

It was learnt from two different sources that the victims who were initially in perfect conditions before they allegedly inhaled a chemical used for killing mosquitoes.
However, another source said the victims, including six men and six women, inhaled fumes from a generator kept inside one of the rooms.
The victims were said to have converged in a building located at Okoga Street, Igbokoda, to mourn one of their relatives where they observed a vigil with his widow according to tradition in the coastal community.
The development was said to have begun at 11.30pm when one of the deceased’s relatives, Orimisan Ayedara, suddenly noticed that everybody in the house was unconscious. He reportedly raised the alarm and ran to a nearby church where a vigil was going on.
The pastor of the church, Sola Omonojo, supported by some worshippers, reportedly raced to the scene to offer spiritual assistance. However, it was learnt that as the pastor was reviving some of the victims, two of the church members, who accompanied him to the scene, suddenly slumped.
Sources said the pastor and other sympathizers had to carry the victims to the church premises and contacted officers from Igbokoda police station. They were said to have engaged in marathon prayers before they were rescued.
A church members said they were in the church while holding a vigil when somebody suddenly rushed in and informed them about the development.
A victim, Mrs. Omolara Ojulari, who described their rescue as divine, said she was hale when she joined the widow as part of the tradition in the area. According to her, she suddenly became unconscious and slumped.

 

Source: Sun

Leave a Reply